my name is maraluce. i’m 21 & currently reside in the netherlands, though i was born in suriname. design is my domain. this is manifested mostly through sewing.
verb (used with object)
1. to prepare the preliminary sketch or the plans for (a work to be executed), especially to plan the form and structure of: to design a new bridge.
2. to plan and fashion artistically or skillfully.
3. to intend for a definite purpose: a scholarship designed for foreign students.
4. to form or conceive in the mind; contrive; plan: the prisoner designed an intricate escape.
5. to assign in thought or intention; purpose: he designed to be a doctor.
i’ve been an independent fashion designer in the past, but (for) now i like to stick to projects of my own, without involving money. i also like to think that i’m a writer.
i love creating beautiful things, fine handmade goods, candles, people who make an effort, old things, refashioned old things, style with substance, books in general, the darkness of the human psyche, a nice variety in music, mermaids, dressing up, learning new things, silence, rain, people who believe in the magic of life, floral prints, tea, abandoned places, classic horror, making lists of things i love.
way back in february of 2009 i created this blog to show off the things that i made. it’s been neglected & resurrected time & time again, but going pretty steady. nowadays you’ll also find diverse features on the crafts of others, things that inspire me, tutorials & the usual outfit posts. thank you for visiting!
imperfection is beauty, madness is genius & it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.